Home > vacation > More lessons learned from the tour bus

More lessons learned from the tour bus

Rideau Falls

I was in Ottawa last week with my daughters grade 8 class trip.  80 kids, 4 days, countless museums, equals one exhausting trip.  As tiring as it was, it was a great trip.

I had told my clients I would be working while away and I did when I could. But like my last trip to Cuba, I have taken away more lessons about how to work while on the road (literally).

First, a huge thanks to my clients!  Without their support and encouragement I wouldn’t be able to spend the time with my family like I do. One of the main reasons I started my own company was to be able to spend more time with my kids.

Lessons learned:

1. Need a light weight laptop.  I have considered a tablet, but I need a network port. I think an 11 inch laptop would be perfect.  When needed I can use my mobile data plan for connectivity.
  2. Extra power charger – my phone ran out of juice during one of our long tour days.  Luckily, I do have an extra power charger, but the bad news, I didn’t take it with me.  If I need to connect to a client using my phone, I’ll have to make sure the phone has power.

Between my last two excursions, Cuba and Ottawa, I feel like I have learned enough to be able to effectively work from anywhere, tour bus, waiting in line for Parliament etc., and still provide the level of service my clients can expect from me.

Keeping my fingers crossed at a trip to the Florida Keys will be a reality next January.

Categories: vacation
  1. 03/29/2015 at 6:03 pm

Fabulous, what a webpage it is! This weblog provides useful data to
    us, keep it up.

2. 06/01/2015 at 6:36 am

Oh my goodness! Amazing article dude! Many thanks, However
    I am encountering difficulties with your RSS. I don’t understand why I cannot
    subscribe to it. Is there anyone else having identical RSS
    issues? Anyone who knows the answer can you kindly respond?
    Thanks!!

3. 06/03/2015 at 2:46 am

We’re a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community.
    Your site provided us with valuable information to work on.
    You have done a formidable job and our whole community will be grateful to you.

4. 06/03/2015 at 8:57 am

of course like your web-site but you need to take a look at the
    spelling on quite a few of your posts. A number of them are rife with spelling issues and I to
    find it very bothersome to inform the reality however I will surely come again again.

5. 06/03/2015 at 9:56 pm

Orkut Designer Blog site – Learn about Occasions,
    changes and apis related to the Orkut developer
    system.

6. 06/11/2015 at 1:25 am

As soon as the pores and skin has been damaged, scars occur because of the over or
    below-production of collagen.

7. 07/11/2015 at 1:28 am

Snuff by Terry Pratchett Not totally surprising Pratchetts Discworld series made my list of
    great fantasy books 2011. What many authors of epic fantasy lack is going down to
    the life of the common man that inhabit their worlds.
    If so, consider this crucial insight from Niccolo Machiavelli (1469-1527) the most influential political consultant ever, the most insightful and
    the most stylish in lace ruffles and tights.

8. 07/14/2015 at 2:35 am

Mind over ejaculation and the art of intercourse is about playing in the bedroom, having fun, and controlling
    the urge. They lift your spirits, give the woman a seductive spirit and also increase their
    sex appeal. You could see it as the body saying, hey one baby at a time.

1. 03/01/2015 at 10:18 pm