The Rules According to Sharon
Warning: This is not a technical post. After dealing with tech day in and day out (for example yesterday was all Azure) it can be hard to write about tech in my “free” time and sometimes I just need to do something different. Come back tomorrow for a riveting technical post on Storages Spaces in Server 2012 R2!!!
So far the year of 2014 has been the year of transitions. I’ve had to make some changes and look at the way I live my life (how cliché is that?) I was thrown a curve ball last year and I could either bury myself in a hole or I could pick myself up to grow. As I’m not one too easily give up I chose to take advantage of a difficult situation and face it head on. During that process I have come up with my rules to live by.
- It is what it is, but if you don’t like it then you can change it.
- Get out of the box and push your boundaries, but remember you can go back into the box if it gets too overwhelming and you need to catch your breath.
- Always look for the upside! Yes, it’s raining but I don’t have to shovel it.
- Listen to music that makes you feel good. That may even include Nickleback (guilty pleasure).
- I’m not responsible for anyone else’s happiness (except my kids) but I am responsible to not hurt others.
- It’s ok to dance with the shopping cart in the grocery store.
- Take a break!
- Put your head in the right space.
- Don’t be scared of your feelings but keep them in check.
- Never grow up but be responsible.
- Never stop learning.
- Read something other than a manual once in a while.
- There’s more to life than work.
- Take a nap.
- Take a calculated risk.
- Ask others for help and allow them to help when they offer.
- Appreciate all the good in everything and everyone.
- Follow your heart but listen to your gut.
- Don’t let people get under your skin.
- Face your fears (worms and heights) and stand up for yourself.
- Have fun and be yourself.
- Write more.
- Get more sleep.
- Enjoy the little things.
- Drive fast (within reason and safely), play it loud and sing.
Life is too damn short to be miserable so enjoy every day and come up with your own list that makes you and the others around you happy.